Who We Are
The World Congress of Science and Factual Producers (WCSFP) is a member-run, not-for-profit organization, dedicated to celebrating the best in science and history programs and other related genres (known in the UK market as specialist factual programming).
The WCSFP’s annual event is a must-attend gathering for producers, broadcasters and distributors working in specialist factual television. This year’s event will take place in Stockholm, Sweden, from December 5 to 8, 2016.
The WCSFP is the place where the science, history and content-rich factual media community gathers to share, explore and reveal how science and history are communicated to the world. As a community, we are passionate about what we do and committed to sharing it with others. The WCSFP’s priorities include:
- Maintaining the WCSFP’s distinctiveness through a clear focus on science, history and other unique factual content.
- Integrating content creators and distributors from all visual media platforms into all aspects of the WCSFP, including organization, funding and content development.
- Strengthening and improving formal and informal networking opportunities.
- Attracting, welcoming and representing talent at all career stages.
- Encouraging leadership from the membership to achieve transparent and effective management.