Wellcome Trust Mentoring Program for Emerging Talent
The World Congress of Science and Factual Producers is pleased to announce its renewed partnership with the Wellcome Trust to present the seventh year of the Wellcome Trust Mentoring Program for Emerging Talent. The Wellcome Trust is a global charitable foundation dedicated to improving health by supporting bright minds in science, the humanities and social sciences, and public engagement.
About the Program
This annual program offers four UK-based science journalists, science broadcast producers, or scientists looking to break into the broadcast industry the unique opportunity to participate in this premiere event, with the added benefit of mentoring and networking with the top executives and creative minds in the industry.
Recipients will be awarded with:
- Full registration for the World Congress of Science and Factual Producers;
- Travel and accommodation bursary covering costs to attend Congress;
- Mentor pairing with a senior producer or broadcaster (Mentors will be selected from the WCSFP Board of Directors, Editorial Committee and Session Producers);
- Private cocktail reception on opening day for recipients, their mentors, Board of Directors, Editorial Committee, Wellcome Trust members and other VIP guests at Congress (e.g. host broadcasters, keynote speakers);
- Additional one-on-one meetings organized between recipients and registered commissioning editors.